Lower Salmon River
Season: June – September
Price: Adult $1555; Youth $1244
Length: 5 Days
2014 Dates: Please call for availability
Your next vacation could be spent basking under the warm sun, swimming in warm pools, riding through whitewater rapids and camping underneath the stars. Best of all, your computers and cell phones are no where to be seen.
A Lower Salmon River raft trip--a 4-5 day adventure down one of America's quintessential rivers--has something for everyone. From young kids and their grandparents to first time rafters, outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and abilities will experience the excitement and relaxation of the outdoors on this multi-day whitewater raft trip.
What makes a Lower Salmon Rafting Trip Unique?
- Nestled in between deep expanses of wilderness, the Salmon River has carved its way through the land to reveal incredible geological features. Exposed metamorphosed volcanic walls and deep, ominous granite gorges surround the river, with rock features up to 200 million years old.
- Vast, white sand beaches appear around the river bend, contrasting the steep mountain landscape. Coommon on this 53 mile stretch of river, these beaches make for the perfect camp site, swim break, or afternoon nap.
- Catch a glimpse of the local wildlife; such as river otter, cougar, bear, golden eagle, or bighorn sheep; in this diverse environment.
- Rich with American history, your Lower Salmon Raft trip will visit the river crossings used by the Nez Perce Indians in their flight from the U.S. Calvary in 1877.
- Thrillseekers find the whitewater action a big perk to this river trip. You will have a chance to experience the power of the Salmon River in rapids such as Snowhole, China Slide, Sluicebox, and Demon's Drop.
Expanding your Whitewater Skills
For whitewater enthusiasts eager to hone their own river running skills, the friendly pool-drop nature of the river (rapids followed by stretches of calm pools) provides opportunities for rafters to row, paddle or kayak. Navigating the river in your personal craft is an amazing experience. In fact, we encourage our guests to try their hand at the oars in a raft, or paddling solo in a duckie or kayak to discover a deeper relationship with the outdoors.
A Catered Outdoor Experience
For many of our guests, the time spent at camp is as enjoyable as the time spent floating on the river. After an exciting day floating through gorges, guides prepare a scrumptious meal. Meanwhile, guests relax at the river's edge on warm, sand beaches or accompany a guide on a side-hike. In the evening, campfires (weather permitting), songs, and stories will carry you to a fulfilling night's sleep under the sparkling stars.
Whatever your preference, whitewater action or stunning scenery and natural history, the Salmon River provides a world-class combination of action and relaxation as it winds its way through the Idaho's legendary canyons.
A rafting trip on the Lower Salmon River makes exploring the outdoors easy and exciting. Your expert and professional guides want to show you how to enjoy a comfortable life on the river. After the first day, the magic of a multi-day river trip is sure to capture you completely.
Join Wet Planet on Idaho's most popular river.
All river gear, camping equipment, and meals included.
Call now (877.390.9445) for more information on this incredible multi-day river trip. For more information, including travel directions and packing list, you can also check out our Salmon River Raft Trip Info Sheet.
Want to Kayak the Lower Salmon and develop your whitewater skills even more? We do that too!
This trip is contracted and operated through Winding Waters River Expeditions.
|White Salmon River Full-Day||III-IV||10+|
|White Salmon River Half-Day||III - IV||10+||April - October|
|Klickitat River||III+||10+||April - June|
|Hood River||IV (V at high water - previous experience required)||16+||April - May|
|Wind River||IV - V (previous experience required)||18+||April - June|
|The Farmlands||IV - V (previous experience required)||18+||May - July|
Groups & Packages
|White Water and Wine Rafting Trip||III - IV||21+||May - September|
|Boats + Beds ~ Lodging Packages||III/IV||10+||April - September|
|Group Reservations||Varies by River||10 +||April - September|
|Raft and BBQ!||Varies by River||10 +||April - September|
|Wedding Parties||Varies by River||10 +||December - September|