Course Requirements: none
Dates: October 12 - 14, 2012
Price: $175 / $275 / $375
Promoting the Spirit of Whitewater
This fall the 9th annual Whitewater Symposium, a gathering of whitewater leaders from across the nation for the purpose of advancing the sport, will come to the White Salmon River for the first time.
Wet Planet proudly hosts this three day event that unites paddling professionals, instructors, retailers, manufacturers and program leaders for a grand "meeting of the minds." Key presentations and open-forum discussions will help to generate fresh ideas to help the whitewater paddling industry continue to reach more people through promoting paddling opportunities, quality instruction, state of the art equipment, and a positive media image of the sport. The event also includes on-water clinics that allow critical issues, cutting-edge practices, and visions for the future to be explored and shared by all.
"All the key people are there with the purpose of identifying where we can grow," says Wet Planet owner Jaco Klinkenberg. "The group comes together, discussing and practicing and having fun, but most importantly they walk away with solutions. It is an honor to contribute and play a role in that process. Whitewater is how we live our lives and we want to stand up and take initiative to support the industry."
Known as the "Outdoor Retailer" of instruction, the Whitewater Symposium offers something for everyone within the sport of whitewater kayaking.
• Take paddling and river rescue clinics with nationally recognized experienced instructors
• Networking with other paddlers, organizations and manufacturers
• Meet and paddle with some of the highest profile authors, adventurers, and video producers of whitewater sport
• ACA instructor updates are available
• Kickoff winter preparation for next paddling season
For Schools, Clubs, and Instructional Programs:
• Keep abreast of what's current, cutting-edge, progressive, and innovative
• Networking between paddlesports clubs, middle schools, university outdoor programs
• River rescue and risk management training with the best kayak-focused instructors
• Share teaching strategies, success stories and best practices
• Maintain cutting edge program design and marketing
For Retailers and Manufacturers:
• Reach schools, programs and instructors that initiate 10,000 beginners annually
• Networking with paddlesport instructors
• Discuss optimum presentation of the sport to encourage broad growth
• Have a focus group for feedback
• Opportunity for rollout of products
• Support grassroots promotional training to grassroots delivery mechanisms
• Promoting a positive media image of the sport.
• Business workshops for the small paddlesport business
Manufacturer's attending the event:
• Kokatat Watersport
• Jackson Kayak
• Liquid Logic
• Saltwood Paddles Snap Dragon
• Canoe & Kayak Magazine
• Columbia Sportswear
Located just outside of Portland, Oregon, Wet Planet Whitewater Center hopes to highlight the incredible whitewater opportunities the Columbia River Gorge has to offer.
ACA Kayak Instructor Training
Arrive a few days early, and take advantage of the ACA instructor course hosted for Symposium attendees!
You can also find more information about the event on the Whitewater Symposium website.
Looking for a place to stay while you are attending? Check out our Regional Links page for places we recommend.
Be a part of this empowering, informational and incredibly valuable event. Together, we hope to encourage the collective efforts for the development of whitewater recreation. Reserve your spot today:
|Whitewater Symposium||October 12 - 14, 2012||$175 / $275 / $375|
|ACA Kayak Instructor Course||May 27 - 31, 2013 - 5 days||$500|
|River Rescue (Rescue 3 SRT and WRT Cert.)||2013 ~ April 19-21, May 17-19, June 14-16, Sept 27-29||$325 / $370|
|Guide School||2013: April 6 - 7; 13 - 14; 25 - 28||$695.00|